Friday, June 15, 2007

Shin Jung - DT


So Mike says “Hey you should go to the Korean place across the street from Barney’s”. I trust Mike, so we went. I think it’s been there a while. It was half full on a Friday. Again I am guessing by the demographics that this is “authentic” Korean cuisine. I hate the word cuisine. It’s so cliché. DJ ordered the chicken lunch, RB ordered the beef. I wanted the chicken but I thought I should get something different for the sake of the blog. I got the pork lunch. The lunch included miso soup, a very salty, marinated bean sprout served cold, cold kimchi, small ginger salad, white rice (fried rice $1 more) and the meat. Typical miso broth with scallions. The sprouts were ok. I found it best to just mix them with the fried rice. I’ve never had kimchi before so I can only say that it was alright. Salad was typical. I sprang for the $1 fried rice. More egg than I expected. The pork was prepared in a sweat marinade with lots of rub. Almost too rich but I ate it all…I always do. Overall, having never eaten Korean victuals before, (ahhhh not cliché) I enjoyed it. The atmosphere was chummy and the service good. I would eat here again.

Service: 4 out of 5
Quantity: plenty
Price: lunch/water just over $9

0 comments:

Post a Comment